RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN HALAL CERTIFICATION BODIES ( FHCB )
- Department of Islamic Development Malaysia ( JAKIM ) is the agency responsible for the Islamic affairs including halal certification in Malaysia. Therefore, JAKIM plays very important role to protect Muslim consumers in Malaysia and it is always been JAKIM’s responsibility to assure them to seek for halal products as urged by Shariah.
- For the purpose of halal certification, JAKIM has to ascertain the halal status of the product at every stage and at every process involved by carrying out an official site inspection on the plants purposely to examine on how the halal status of the raw material is maintained and monitored at all times.
- Based on these reason, nevertheless, JAKIM requires a reputable and credible foreign halal certification bodies as JAKIM representatives to monitor/verify the halal status of these raw materials and products with responsibility and integrity.
- The recognition is based on the capability of the foreign halal certification bodies that comply with the Malaysian procedures & guidelines.
VALIDITY OF THE RECOGNITION
- The validity of the appointment is for two ( 2 ) years.
- The appointed FHCB shall be listed on JAKIM’s website as the Recognised Foreign Halal Certification Bodies.
- The FHCB shall submit annual report to JAKIM.
- JAKIM shall carry out the review audit after the expiration of the appointment period.